What have people said about us?
Initially we were focussed on renting vehicles, and that was our first experience of fleet management (a steep and expensive learning curve). We found that understanding our customers was key: they fly in for a week (at great expense) with a huge to do list, and so they cannot afford for the car to let them down.
We were aiming to provide a quality service (a standard that could be expected hiring a car in London) and we could only succeed by taking the staff on the journey with us: It wasn’t just about the cars, but training and selecting the right people was vital.
Our front of house team (the drivers) had to understand the standard we set… This is the same approach we now bring to West Africa 4x4.
We have been working with Sierra Leone 4x4 (now West Africa 4x4) since 2011; They have provided us with an outstanding service for both Car Hire and Car Sales in Sierra Leone.
One of the biggest challenges in West Africa is finding a reliable company that can provide a consistently reliable service regardless of the administrative and customer service challenges on the ground.
We vetted a number of companies, and some of the key areas that stood out with Sierra Leone 4x4 were:
Further checks included visiting Philip at home in the UK and getting a great insight into his business model, with its admirable aim of supporting the great charity work that St George Foundation does on the ground.
In total 7 cars have been purchased and delivered to our door in Sierra Leone with the minimum effort on our side.
Finally, and by no means least, Sierra Leone 4x4 provide an excellent after sales service which is simply not available elsewhere in Sierra Leone. Even with all that the terrain throws at us on the ground, we have always been assured and received a comparatively excellent after sales and service when needed.
I can highly recommend this company and Philip, and feel it uniquely brings together a business, charity support, and great service (both customer and repairs) in a way not available elsewhere in Sierra Leone.
A note from West Africa 4x4: Please be aware that we do not have teams on the ground in all the destinations we sell to, and the rental business has not been brought into West Africa 4x4 at this moment. We do plan in the long term evolution of West Africa 4x4 for a complete service including our own mechanics but in 2018 our focus is on developing our own infrastructure to successfully manage the supply chain for the vehicles and parts.
Here are some other genuine feedback quotes
- We've been delighted with our driver - he's a fantastic guy and has really helped the guys in the ground sort things out.
- I just wanted to give some feedback on our experience of hiring one of your cars here in Freetown for the past 10-11 days. It has been very positive....The car itself is fine but *** has been great to have with us. He is a very good driver and understands very well how to get around Freetown. He is always punctual and lets us know if he will be a bit late. He is very polite and helpful and has very little difficulty locating the offices we have had meetings at. So really we have been very happy with the service.
- *** is by far the best driver we've used here - and sadly I've had to be driven around by WHO, CDC and IMC drivers at various times since November. He's also one of the most trustworthy individuals we've met. Such a star!
- Agree with all - *** was excellent - he arrived on time, drove well; not too fast and not too slow, dealt with the police and solved many problems for the group with his fluent Krio and people skills. We would highly recommend him to any of your clients and gave him a well-deserved tip in SLL when we departed. Thank you B****!
- Thank you very much for organising *** as our driver - he did an excellent job, and really understood our project
- Hi Philip, Thanks for all your help. Great service and will use you guys again.
- Thanks for everything. It was all great. Superb service and the driver *** especially was fantastic. He could not have been more helpful and his time keeping was very prompt. In fact he usually arrived early, I will definitely use you guys again and I will request M*** if he is free.
- Philip, The trip was great: no problems with the vehicle. The driver **** was excellent. He knew where he was going and if not he found out very quickly. He is good company too. Was always punctual and I could easily contact him if there was a change of plan. He didn't always sport the company shirt but as it was only the two of us it wasn't a problem. And it was very hot! I will recommend your service to my colleagues next year.
- Philip, Thank you very much for organising the transport - we had a great stay and **** did an excellent job. He really was a credit to your company and was a real feature for our trip.